Lenovo launched a new smartphone series few years ago and named it as the Lenovo Zuk series. This series contained smartphones that were online-exclusive only. However, the company failed to make a mark with this series and the Lenovo Zuk series consisted of only the Zuk Z1 and the Zuk Z2 Plus.
Now, it is not as if the Zuk series of smartphones were bad by any means. The reason of them failing was that Lenovo priced the smartphones very aggressively and the company suffered loss so they had to abandon the project. However, there are still many happy users of the Lenovo Zuk Z1 and the Z2 Plus.
Therefore, if you are a Zuk Z2 Plus user then you must have come here looking for a way to install Android 8.1 Oreo on your device. Thus, we would like to tell you that you can install Android 8.1 Oreo on your Zuk Z2 Plus with the help of AICP 13.1 ROM. For instructions to install this ROM, you need to read all the below sections carefully. If you are stuck at any of the steps below, feel free to comment and we will come up with a suitable solution for you.
Also Read- Resurrection Remix Oreo
- First of all, be aware that it is very important to take an entire backup of your smartphone before installation of ROM. Thus, we would strongly recommend you to take a backup as well.
- Also, it is necessary that you charge your device to at least 50% or more so that there are no problems during the installation process.
- It is also necessary that your device is unlocked and you should have custom recovery installed. We recommend TWRP recovery to be installed on your device. If you have not installed custom recovery then do not proceed with the installation
- AICP 13.1 for Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus
- Open GApps for Android 8.1 Oreo
Steps to install AICP 13.1 based on Android 8.1 Oreo for Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus
- Ensure that you have read and understood the Prerequisites steps properly.
- Once you have completed all the Prerequisites steps, we can proceed with the installation process.
- Now, you need to go to the Downloads section above and download both the files attached above on your PC or smartphone.
- If you have downloaded this files on your PC, transfer them to your smartphone’s internal storage via a USB Cable.
- Once the files are transferred, you have to boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery.
- To go to the TWRP recovery, switch off your phone and press Power + Volume Down button for 5 seconds or less.
- Once you have entered TWRP, you need to go to TWRP’s Install section. Here, select the AICP 13.1 zip file that you downloaded from above.
- After that, click on the zip file and swipe right to flash the file. You need to do this same process for the Open GApps zip file as well.
- Once you see that the zip files have been flashed, reboot into system on your Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus.
- Now, your smartphone will be running Android 8.1 Oreo based on AICP 13.1 ROM